If you’ll be in Philadelphia this evening, and if you like your tastebuds, I strongly recommend checking out the Shmaltz Brewing Co.’s Philly Pub Crawl. It will be hosted by proprietor Jeremy Cowan, the man behind the magnificently named Hebrew--The Chosen Beer, an upstate New York-based brewery that has been producing some seriously ambitious, utterly successful beers of late.
The festivities begin tonight at Tequila’s from 5pm - 7pm, continue on to Monk’s from 7pm - 8pm, and end at Jose Pistolas from 8pm - 9pm. By the end of the night, participants will have had a chance to taste more great beer than any of us really deserve on an otherwise typical Wednesday.
Selection include beers you may be familiar with as well as some that are beyond limited editions. Here’s the rundown.
I personally won’t be able to make it, but will be tasting with Jeremy beforehand. I’ll post my notes and impressions here next week. For now, though, here is the mouthwatering, liver-twitching list for tonight’s Crawl:
- Siembra Azul Tequila Barrel Aged Jewbelation 15 (Quinceanera)®
- Siembra Azul Tequila Barrel Aged Albino Python®
- Siembra Azul Tequila Barrel Aged Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A.®
- Genesis Dry Hopped Session Ale®
- St. Lenny's Belgian Rye Double IPA® -- The Immaculate Collaboration w/ Cathedral Square Brewing
- Reunion Ale '13: A Beer for Hope® -- Collaboration w/ Terrapin Beer Co.
- Hop Manna®
- Jewbelation 9®
- David's Slingshot Hoppy Lager®